Generally, the flu season in India starts in August. Currently, many people are having cough, cold or flu. At least one person in every house would be sick right now due to the changing weather. Among all, children and elderly people are most susceptible to these viral infections.
Taking medicines is very irritating and children and the elderly have compliant issues. Most of us rely on allopathic medicines for quick relief but taking them for a long time may have some side effects. Also, the most commonly used cough, cold and pain medicines may not be safe for elderly people due to their comorbidities like high BP, diabetes, kidney or liver problem, etc. Hence, it is very necessary to choose the right medicine which is both effective and safe to use.
Many home remedies may help in reducing the symptoms of cough, cold and flu. Taking them along with your medicines (that are prescribed by the doctor) may help in faster recovery.
Let’s discuss some of these home remedies in this blog.
- Stay well hydrated: Hydration may help to thin the mucus and keep the throat moist.
- Honey: we all know how effective honey is in managing sore throat and cough. Taking one spoonful of honey before bedtime may help to reduce the severity and frequency of cough.
- Steam inhalation: Taking steam inhalation may help to thin the mucus, and swelling in the nose, throat and sinuses, thereby reducing the symptoms of cough, cold and flu.
- Warm fluids: Drinking warm fluids like water, soups, or herbal tea may help to reduce the pain and swelling in the throat. It may also help to thin the mucus in the nose and throat.
- Herbal tea: Many herbs help to reduce the inflammation and pain in the throat and nose. Including Ginger, Tulsi, Mulethi, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Chamomile, Honey, Lemon, etc., in your tea may help to reduce the symptoms.
- Lemon: It is rich in vitamin C, which helps in improving the immunity to fight against infection-causing microbes. Drinking lemon water with honey may provide better results.
- Gargle: Gargling is a traditional and effective method to reduce sore throat and cough. A simple salt water gargle or turmeric-milk gargle can be effective and safe for all age groups.
- Avoid consuming cold, spicy and fried foods as they may trigger or worsen your symptom. Eating spicy foods may increase runny nose, cold foods may increase sneezing, and fried foods may increase the frequency and severity of cough and sore throat.
How BIBO helps!
- Breathofy syrup:
Breathofy syrup is not an ordinary cough syrup. It is a lung supplement. It helps to manage conditions like-
- Cough: Cough is a body's response to eliminate foreign particles like dust, smoke, liquid, or solid particles from the airways. In dry cough, the airways don't produce enough mucus to keep airways moist, while a wet cough has excess mucus production. Honey, Talispatra, and Adulsa provide a soothing effect on the throat and help deal with a sore throat and dry cough, while herbs like Mulethi help decrease the mucus content in wet cough.
- Allergies: Allergies may compromise our airways and nasal passages and cause airway inflammation. Herbs like Tulsi, Shunti, Bhumi amla, and Talispatra help to improve immunity against allergens.
- Cold: The most common symptoms of cold include runny nose, sneezing and nasal congestion. Tulsi, Mulethi, Shunti and other herbs help to improve the immunity against the virus causing the common cold and help to reduce the symptoms of the cold.
- Safe for kids and adults
- Clear vapor patch ultra:
We all know how friendly kids are with medicines. As soon as they see medicines they would run away. Keeping this in the picture, Bibo has introduced a vapor patch which can be stuck on kids' clothes or pillows. It contains essential oils, which are effective in reducing the symptoms of cough, cold and flu.
- Cold and cough: Eucalyptus oil, Thymol, Menthol and Camphor reduce the inflammation and infection that causes cold and cough.
- Nasal decongestion: Camphor (inhalation) and Eucalyptus oil (inhalation) are popularly known to reduce nasal congestion without causing rebound congestion.
- Relieves allergic symptoms: Menthol removes allergens from the respiratory tract and improves immunity.
- Safe for kids: The ingredients are natural and free from harmful chemicals. It doesn't contain petroleum jelly, like vapor rubs. Petroleum jelly may cause lipoid pneumonia.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Breathe blend:
Essential oils are known to show anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Some essential oils also have the potential to reduce pain, nasal and sinus congestion and dyspnea (shortness of breath).
- Fast relief: Inhaling essential oils provide quick relief from the common cold, runny and blocked nose, nasal congestion, cough, sore throat, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Aromatherapy: Adding essential oils to a diffuser cleans the air from dust and microbes, making the air fresh. Pine oil shows air freshening properties.
- Steam inhalation: Adding essential oil to steam inhalers provides excellent relief from cold, runny and blocked nose, nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Air freshener: Pine oil is used as an air freshener to keep the air free from dust and microbes. Dust particles can trigger the symptoms of sinusitis, asthma and bronchitis.
- Antimicrobial: The essential oils of eucalyptus, thymol, menthol and camphor kill the microbes causing the common cold, cough, sore throat, sinusitis, pharyngitis and bronchitis.
- Sinusitis: The inflammation-reducing properties of eucalyptus, thymol, menthol, camphor, and pine oil reduce sinusitis, pharyngitis, asthma and bronchitis.
- Nasal congestion: Camphor is extensively known for its nasal decongestant property.
- No rebound congestion effect: Nasal decongestants may cause your congestion to get worse if used for more days. Use Bibo Breathe Blend without worrying about the rebound congestion effect. It is safe for all age groups.
- Saline nasal spray:
A saline nasal spray is the safest nasal spray. Adding Tulsi and xylitol to a nasal spray may improve its effects in managing cold, flu and sinusitis.
- Instant relief from blocked nose and nasal congestion: Saline with Tulsi helps to thin the mucus in the nose and reduces inflammation in the nasal cavity.
- Immunity builder: Tulsi and Xylitol are known to build immunity by killing the microbes responsible for respiratory infections.
- Irrigates nasal and sinus lining: Saline solution helps to keep the nasal and sinus mucosa moist and removes dust, allergens, microbes and excess mucus from the nasal and sinus cavity.
- Kills microbes responsible for the common cold, sinusitis, rhinitis, etc.
- Kadha mix:
We all know how effective kadhas are in reducing cough and cold. These are one of the most effective home remedies for cough and cold.
- Soothing effect on throat: Bibo kadha mix contains Honey, Mulethi and Menthol, which provides a soothing effect on the throat and helps to reduce sore throat and cough.
- Helps to clear mucus: Tulsi has expectorant properties, which help in reducing nasal and sinus congestion.
- Builds immunity: Herbs like Tulsi, Mulethi, Shunti, and Adulsa help to build immunity to fight against various microbes causing infections.
- Taste that kids will love: Bibo kadha mix contains honey and doesn’t taste spicy like other kadhas.
- Shows antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Safe for kids and adults.