Bronkite AB SR 200
- Acebrophylline molecules help in relaxing the muscles of the airways, making it easier to breathe.
- The sustained–release formulation acts as both a Bronchodilator and a Mucolytic.
Composition: Acebrophylline (Sustained release) - 200mg
Indications: Bronkite AB SR 200 Tablet is used to treat and prevent symptoms of lower respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and helps in easy breathing.
- Bronkite is a powerful solution with dual action, acting as both a bronchodilator and a mucolytic.
- With its sustained-release formulation, Bronkite only requires one dose instead of two compared to other tablets
Therapeutic class: Respiratory
Addictive or habit-forming: No
Category: Bronchodilator + Mucolytic
Bronkite is an innovative tablet that contains Acebrophylline molecules. It's a powerful solution with dual action, acting as both a bronchodilator and a mucolytic.
Bronkite helps manage and prevent symptoms of lower respiratory problems like asthma and COPD.
With its sustained-release formulation, Bronkite only requires one dose instead of two compared to other tablets, offering convenience and effective respiratory care.
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Loss of appetite
- Itching and rashes
Please consult your healthcare provider if you experience any of these.
- Remember to swallow Bronkite whole with water.
- Do not chew, break, or crush the tablet.
- Take it after food.
Acebrophylline functions as a bronchodilator and mucolytic through its molecular mechanisms. It inhibits the enzyme phosphodiesterase, leading to increased intracellular cyclic AMP levels. This, in turn, relaxes bronchial smooth muscles, dilating airways. Simultaneously, it reduces mucus viscosity by enhancing the secretion of surfactant, facilitating mucus clearance. These actions collectively improve respiratory function in conditions like asthma and COPD.
Alcohol: AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Pregnancy: Information regarding using AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet during pregnancy is unavailable. Please consult your doctor.
Breastfeeding: Information regarding using AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet during breastfeeding is unavailable. Please consult your doctor.
Driving: AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Kidney: AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. A dose adjustment of AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Liver: AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. A dose adjustment of AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Other general warnings:
Inform your doctor if:
- You have any allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You are already taking medicine with the ingredients of Brokite AB SR 200 Tablet.
- You have other medical conditions related to liver, kidney, heart, thyroid, etc.
Do not use Bronkite AB SR 200 Tablet if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Store in a cool and dry place at room temperature.
- If you miss a dose of AB Phylline SR 200 Tablet, take it as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule.
- Do not double the dose.
Drug-Drug Interaction: Acebrophylline can potentially interact with several medications, including water pills like furosemide, gout medications like allopurinol, antacids such as cimetidine, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, amoxicillin, and doxycycline, drugs that lower high blood pressure like diltiazem and verapamil, heart-related medications like isoprenaline, anthelmintic medication like thiabendazole, corticosteroids such as prednisone, and oral contraceptives like ethinylestradiol.
Drug-Food Interaction: Avoid intake of alcohol with acebrophylline as it may increase drowsiness. Also, avoid or limit the intake of caffeine with acebrophylline as it may cause side effects.
Drug-Disease Interaction: Avoid taking acebrophylline if you have low blood pressure, heart irregularities, unstable BP, heart attack history, or kidney/liver issues. Inform your doctor of any heart problems, or issues like infections, high BP, fits, and ulcers before using it.
- Prioritize antioxidants: Consume berries, citrus, and leafy greens to reduce inflammation.
- Omega-3s: Incorporate flaxseeds and fatty fish for lung health and inflammation control.
- Ginger and turmeric: Include these spices to ease airway inflammation naturally.
- Herbal teas: Sip on chamomile or peppermint tea for soothing respiratory symptoms.
- Hydration: Maintain optimal fluid intake for mucus thinning and symptom relief.
- Consult a professional: Seek guidance from a healthcare provider for personalized dietary strategies.
- Avoid smoke: Steer clear of tobacco and secondhand smoke to protect your lungs.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in gentle, consistent physical activity to improve lung function.
- Stress management: Practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing to reduce asthma triggers.
- Maintain indoor air quality: Use air purifiers and keep allergen-free surroundings.
- Stay hydrated: Drink sufficient water to thin mucus and ease breathing.
Consult a specialist: Seek professional advice for a holistic approach to natural remedies.