Coldlyte Oxy Spray
- Starts to unblock nose in 25 sec.
- Shortens duration of symptoms of cold, allergies & nasal congestion by 2 days.
- Shows action up to 12 hours.
COMPOSITION: Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride
INDICATIONS: : COLDLYTE OXY relieves blocked nose and nasal congestion due to common cold, sinusitis, hay fever or other allergic conditions.
It shows instant action on a blocked nose. It starts to unblock the nose in 25 seconds. It reduces the inflammation in the blood vessels and excess nasal secretions, thereby improving breathing.
THERAPEUTIC CLASS: Respiratory
ADDICTIVE OR HABIT FORMING: No
CATEGORY: Antihistamine (anti-allergic)
COLDLYTE OXY Spray is India's first pump based oxymetazoline spray which ensures uniform dosing and prevents from many adverse effects related to faulty drug (medicine) delivery as seen in squeeze based oxymetazoline nasal sprays.
COLDLYTE OXY Spray contains Oxymetazoline which is a decongestant. It relieves blocked nose and nasal congestion due to common cold, sinusitis, hay fever or other allergic conditions. It shows instant action on a blocked nose. It starts to unblock the nose in 25 seconds and acts up to 12 hours. It also shortens the illness such as blocked nose and nasal & sinus congestion by 2 days.
It reduces the inflammation in the blood vessels and excess nasal secretions, thereby improving breathing.
The common side effects include:
- Burning sensation
- Dry mouth, nose or throat
The side effects are generally mild and would resolve on their own.
Severe side effects-
- Increased blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Irregular heartbeat
If such symptoms occur, stop using the medicine, and consult a doctor or visit a nearby clinic immediately.
Read the leaflet of COLDLYTE OXY Spray for complete information on how to use this product.
- Use COLDLYTE OXY Spray as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using the spray.
- Blow off the nose gently before using this spray.
- If you are using the spray for the first time or after a few days or weeks, it is better to shake the bottle gently and prime it.
- While using the spray in one nostril, keep the other nostril closed.
- Slowly inhale while you spray COLDLYTE OXY Spray towards the sides of the nostril.
- Clean and dry the tip of the spray after each use.
COLDLYTE OXY Spray contains oxymetazoline which is a decongestant. It works by shrinking the blood vessels in the nasal passages and decreasing the blood flow to the nasal area. The shrunk blood vessels reduce the inflammation by shrinking the inflamed tissues, thus providing temporary relief from nasal congestion and blockage due to common cold, sinusitis or allergies.
Do not use COLDLYTE OXY Spray for children below 12 years.
Limited human data is available on the safety of COLDLYTE OXY Spray in pregnancy. However, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Hence, it is better to avoid using this medicine.
Limited data is available on whether the drug passes through breast milk. Hence it is better to consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
COLDLYTE OXY Spray may cause dizziness, drowsiness and excessive sleep. If such symptoms occur, it is better to take a rest and avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
There is limited data on the safety of consuming alcohol while taking COLDLYTE OXY Spray. Hence it is better to avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
Use COLDLYTE OXY Spray with caution in patients with liver diseases.
Use COLDLYTE OXY Spray with caution in patients with kidney diseases.
Do not use COLDLYTE OXY Spray if:
- You are allergic to oxymetazoline or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- You have high blood sugar levels.
- You have glaucoma, enlarged prostate gland (in men), hyperthyroidism, liver, kidney, or heart problems
Store in a cool, dry place at a temperature below 30ᵒC
Do not freeze
Take COLDLYTE OXY Spray as soon as you remember. But if it is the time for next dose, skip the missed dose and continue taking this medicine. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
COLDLYTE OXY Spray is for intranasal use only. So chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you have sprayed a higher dose of the medicine, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital.
- Drug-drug interactions:
It is better to avoid using these medicines along with COLDLYTE OXY Spray. Also, inform your doctor regarding all the medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, ayurvedic, homoeopathic or dietary supplements.
- Drug-food interactions:
Include non-spicy foods and drink warm liquids to ease the symptoms.
- Drug-disease interactions:
Do not self-medicate. It is always better to consult a doctor before using COLDLYTE OXY Spray.
- Adding ginger and tulsi to your tea will help reduce the inflammation and infection in the respiratory tract.
- Stay well hydrated. It helps clear the extra mucus and dust particles from the nose, sinuses and airways.
- Drink warm water or drinks to reduce the inflammation of the airways.
- Avoid dairy products as they may thicken the mucus in the nose, sinuses and airways.
- Avoid spicy, fried foods as they may worsen allergic symptoms like watery eyes and runny nose.
- Include honey, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, turmeric, etc. They may help improve immunity and deal with allergic symptoms.
- Avoid exposure to allergens.
- Always wear a mask in crowded and polluted places.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to improve lung capacity and health.
- Nasal irrigation with saline water is an effective way to clean the nasal and sinus areas.
- Gargles are effective in healing sore throats and infections of the oral cavity.
its a awesome product which do not itch on childrens while applying nor it smells like vicks and jhandu balm... thanks for the prod