Most respiratory conditions show similar symptoms like cough, blocked nose, nasal congestion and sore throat. But the root cause of these symptoms may differ.
The majority of us self-medicate and opt for some home remedies for our respiratory symptoms like cough, cold, sore throat and fever. These remedies may help to reside the symptoms when they are mild and if caused by allergens and viral infections.
But when the symptoms last more than a few days, it is always better to consult a doctor, as these symptoms may be indicative of something major.
These remedies may help when the symptoms are mild and if used in the right way, but these symptoms may also be indicative of something major like sinusitis, nasal polyps, asthma, bronchitis, COPD, tuberculosis, etc. Hence, it is always better to consult a doctor.
Importance of early diagnosis
- Helps to prevent the severity of the disease.
- Helps in the early detection of disease.
- Helps to manage the condition better.
- Prevents the complications of a disease.
Why consultation with experts is important?
- Focused approach towards respiratory problems.
- Better management of respiratory diseases.
- Eliminates the root cause of the disease.
- Reduce dependency on medicines.
The importance of getting a consultation from a pulmonologist or ENT specialist?
Pulmonology is a branch of medicine that has expertise in the respiratory system, including the lungs. A pulmonologist is a lung specialist.
Pulmonologists and ENT specialists are experts in the respiratory system. Taking a consultation from a general physician may not be as effective as a respiratory expert doctor.
Everyone has an area of expertise or specialization. A pulmonologist is not just expertized in managing minor colds and coughs but severe respiratory conditions like sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis and others.
Even a major problem starts from minor symptoms.
Example: The most common symptom of asthma is cough. Most people with asthma may only show cough as a symptom.
Even when it comes to our hair or skin, we prefer choosing the best. So why not our lungs and respiratory system?
Prefer going to the best (lung expert) for proper care and management of lung diseases.
How BIBO helps!
- BIBO stands for breathe in breathe out. BIBO provides a holistic approach to respiratory conditions. It provides a wide range of services (expert doctor consultation, diagnostic packs, vaccination and yoga consultation) and products (both natural and allopathic) for managing acute and chronic respiratory problems.